12.16.2015

Gluten-free Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies



The kitchen is my happy place. When I'm stressed out, worn out, need a break from the kiddos, I like to do two things: cook something delightful or go on a run outside. Lately it seems I've done more baking than running and this blog has morphed into a cookie site. I promise to eat healthier in 2016 and run more (1/2 marathon?!) But until then...'Tis the season for holiday baking! I made these cookies with my four nephews in the house. Grab, grab, grab, grab went their little hands. Needless to say they were a hit!

Gluten-free Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup white sugar
7tbs butter at room temperature
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups quality GF flour blend (I use Pamela's Baking and Pancake mix)
2 tbs cocoa powder
3/4 bag Andes Mint baking chips (about 7oz)

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Cream butter and sugars together. Add vanilla and egg and beat together until light and fluffy. Add flour and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly. Next add in Andes Mint baking chips.
Using a spoon or a small cookie scoop, make 1 tbs balls/scoops of dough and place on lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet (or use a sil-pat).

Bake for 10 minutes or until edges start to slightly darken. Let cool on a rack and then remove cookies from cookie sheet using a spatula. Makes about 24 cookies.

I'm sure St. Nick will love these cookies with a cold glass of milk or Baileys ;) Happy Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT!