Happy Mothers Day!
It's been awhile since my last post, but I wanted to share a easy and beautiful recipe with you. My brother-in-law made this as our dessert for brunch. I could not have asked for a more light and luscious dessert. Whipped cream perfectly infused with honey-vanilla chamomile topped over fresh strawberries is now one of my favorite treats.
Strawberries with Chamomile Cream and Shaved Chocolate
1 cup chilled heavy cream, divided
2 Honey-Vanilla Chamomile tea bags (Celestial Seasonings)
2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 chunk best quality chocolate, for shaving
1. Heat 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles form around edges of pan. Remove pan from heat; add chamomile tea bags. Let steep 20 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, toss strawberries with 2 tbs sugar in a medium bowl to coat. Set aside to allow juices to form.
3. Strain chamomile cream through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup cream and remaining 1tbs sugar. Using a standing mixer (or electric mixer) beat chamomile cream until soft peaks form.
4. Divide berries among bowls.
5. Spoon whipped cream over berries and top with shaved chocolate.
Recipe inspired by BonAppetite yet made extra delicious by my brother-in-law, Cory, who's a fantastic chef!