12.17.2010

Chex Snack Mix, Gluten Free

When I was a child, my mom and grandma would make Chex mix. I loved it so much that I would actually pick out the rye crackers and wheat chex to eat because they seemed the most saturated in flavors! Little did I know those two items were attacking my intestine. This mix reminds me of the holiday season, so here you have it... a new gluten-free snack!


Ingredients
6 cups corn chex cereal
2 cups mixed nuts
1 cup GF pretzels (I used Sticks & Twigs, by Mary's Gone Crackers)
1 cup  GF seasoned tortilla chips or crackers (I used The Works! by Food Should Taste Good brand) broken into small pieces
4 tbs butter
2 tbs worcestershire sauce (use Lea & Perrins brand)
1 tsp seasoned sea salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder

Directions
Heat oven to 250°F.  In a large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in all the seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Bake in oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread the mixture on paper towels to cool. Once cool, transfer to airtight container to store.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT!