11.14.2010

Corn and Potato Salad with Goat Cheese and Fresh Basil

I love salads and I especially love creative salads. My husband once told his foodie friend that "Lisa is such a good cook, she makes the best salads"! I was slightly confused at the comment...although I'm very thankful that my husband thinks I'm a good cook, but preparing a salad has never seemed like the skill in the kitchen that I should be most proud of. Salad prep is hardly cooking! Regardless, salads can be very enjoyable and I hope you'll find this dish delicious!




Ingredients
1 Lb small yellow potatoes 
  • 3 cups corn kernels (thawed, if using frozen)
  • 2 cups assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 medium bell pepper (color of your choice, chopped)
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots
  • 3 Tbs white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar 
  • 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
  • 5 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
  • 2 ounces goat cheese
Directions 
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and chill. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Combine potatoes, corn, tomatoes, and bell pepper in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper  and oil  and stir with a whisk. Drizzle oil mixture over corn mixture and toss well. Sprinkle with basil.  Place  about 1 cup of arugula on serving plates and top with a large scoop of corn mixture. Top evenly with goat cheese. Yummy! 
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT!