7.05.2015

A Modern Playhouse


a modern playhouse
So this isn't recipe related but it is delectable (and worth blogging about I think)! I've been scouring Pinterest lately for playhouse ideas for my little girl. Her 3rd birthday is coming up and she's quite imaginative and likes to role play. I thought a backyard playhouse would be perfect! On one condition...it has to be stylish. Shallow as it may be, I don't want a large plastic eyesore in my backyard. I like the mid-century modern style of homes (even though I live in an 80s ranch!) so why not make one for our sweet girl?! I enlisted my dad and hubby to do all the hard work and I helped with the design, aesthetics and a little painting  :-) This little house is more than I could have ever imagined for my daughter. She absolutely loves it and even likes to eat her breakfast inside at her special table :)

leveling the yard
building the foundation
a TREX foundation (no splinters)! 
checking out the roof
power tools!
sitting on the front porch
the back view 

side view of crawl door and window
can't forget flowers

the inside
a steering wheel to drive the house ;)
inside view of table and back wall
the completed house 
the front porch with mailbox, house numbers and cafe door


a few details:
paint/stain color: BEHR Cape Cod Gray Semi-Transparent Weatherproofing Wood Stain
table and chairs: Ikea Lack Table in Grey and Ikea Mammut Stools in Blue
house numbers: modern house numbers from the Hillman Group from Home Depot
mailbox: vintage
door paint: Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore
dishes: tea set by Green Toys
watering can and broom bought locally at Grandrabbits Toy shop in Boulder, CO

2 comments:

  1. This is totally blog worthy! I love every awesome amazing detail. May I move in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey we could camp in this playhouse! But beware of all those Colorado spiders :-/

      Delete

PRINT!