4.22.2013

Lemon Pine Nut Sugar Cookies (gluten free)

Sometimes you need the easiest way to make a fail proof sugar cookie. I recently tried Pamela's Sugar Cookie Mix. Dont get me wrong, I love truly homemade cookies, but sometimes an easy roll and cut cookie is all you have time for.  These cookies are delicious and so simple to make! I added a bit of lemon zest and topped them with pine nuts. The pine nuts give the cookies an additional delicate flavor and extra texture while the subtle lemon makes the cookie not too sweet and sugary! I definitly will be making these again...and even though its been over  three years since I've had a "real" gluten filled sugar cookie, I'm pretty sure these taste like the real deal.

                                              Gluten Free Lemon Pine Nut Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
1 bag Pamela's Sugar Cookie Mix
8 TBSP butter
1 egg, large
2 tsp lemon zest
pine nuts for topping

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Soften butter in stand mixer, then add dry mix, egg and lemon zest, mixing until dough comes together. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment. Cut out cookies using cookie cutters.
Lightly press pine nuts into top of cookies before baking. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 8 to 12 minutes until edges just start to brown. Let cool completely and enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT!