This recipe comes directly out of the Delight Gluten Free magazine. I opted out of frosting the cake because it's sweet enough. This easy to make cake is ideal for a sunday brunch or even Mother's Day. Enjoy!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemonade
2 tbs lemon zest
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs + 2 egg whites
2 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a fluted pan with non-stick spray.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add the lemonade, lemon zest and vanilla and combine until a smooth mixture forms.
3. Add the eggs and egg whites, beating well after each egg. In a separate bowl, sift together Pamela's baking mix, baking powder and salt. Add to the ingredients already in the mixer and mix well.
4. Slowly add milk. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into the prepared fluted pan. Bake for 38 to 42 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing cake from pan and transferring to a wire rack.