I adapted this recipe from the Baking Beauties. The pictures of her donuts are beautiful. Check them out!
For the Donuts (makes 6)
1/3 cup rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tbs dry instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
2 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
butter for greasing donut pan
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into a large resealable bag. Cut a hole in one of the corners of the bag, and pipe the batter into the prepared/greased doughnut pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the top of the doughnut bounces back when gently pressed on.
- Let the doughnuts sit in the pan for a few minutes before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
- Let cool slightly before icing.
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs milk or water
2 tbs vanilla extract
Mix together the sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze. Add more milk a little at a time if needed. Drizzle over donuts and enjoy!