8.30.2012

Spiced Peach-Carrot Bread

It is officially peach season in Colorado! In the last 2 months I have bought 40 lbs of peaches to eat and bake with and 20 lbs to freeze to enjoy through the winter season. I always enjoyed peaches and then I tasted a Colorado peach from the Palisade area and I fell deeply in LOVE. There is nothing like the fresh, sweet juiciness of a perfectly ripe peach. I eat about two fresh peaches a day during this time of year, I've made a peach crisp, and even enjoy a fresh peach Bellini (or two)! Today I wanted to try a quick bread...this awesome recipe comes from Southern Living which I adapted to be gluten-free and safe for this celiac girl!





Spiced Peach-Carrot Bread  

3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I used 1.25 cups Cup4Cup and 1.25 cups Bistro Blend)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh, ripe peaches
3/4 cup freshly grated carrots
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350° F. 

Stir together gluten free flours and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add peaches, next 4 ingredients, and pecans or walnuts, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into a lightly greased and sugared 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Slice and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Gluten-Free Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Those living Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Experts, Advocates and Organizations.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Gluten-Free Community: http://www.vorts.com/gluten_free/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete

PRINT!