These are hearty moist muffins that are great for breakfast with a cup of coffee. They are not too sweet yet very satisfying!
Makes 12-15 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Bistro Blend GF flour
- 1 1/4 cups certified gluten free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (if you do not have buttermilk, use 1/2 cup milk with 1 tsp cider vinegar added to the milk).
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup fresh blueberries
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl combine applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake for ~20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.