10.21.2010

Easy Vegetarian Pizza

Today, I needed a fast picnic lunch. I didn't want to have the traditional sandwich and chips picnic, so I quickly made this vegetarian pizza using a crust from The Gluten Free Bistro

What I love about this gourmet product is that it's actually healthy! Yes, a healthy pizza! The crust is made with brown rice, buckwheat and even applesauce! It feels really good to eat a pizza that is high in fiber, protein and B vitamins. 

Easy Vegetarian Pizza


Toppings
1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce (I used Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce b/c it what was in the pantry) 
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 medium tomato, sliced
3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
2 mini yellow sweet peppers, sliced. 

Spread toppings on 12 inch pizza crust, bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

1 comment:

PRINT!